Friday 23 March 2007

Being too Religious




On week 7 the lecture was Being too Religious. I wasn't actually there but after reading the presentation on wolf, I got the idea what was said.


I don't think that it is WRONG to have a religion. It is always good to believe in your faith. But I really hate when people try to force their religion on me, that's what is WRONG. I hate when people ask me if I've been christened and when I reply no they go on to say I should because it would help me be a BETTER person, but I've managed 26yrs and ain't a BAD person. I could be in town and a religious person chanting from the bible, that doesn't bother me because their trying to pass on the word of god....


I once had a weird encounter with a Jehovah witness, who knocked on my mum's door. I had never meant this woman and she never knew me, but as soon as I open the door, she called me by my name. Weird or what...... I'll let you decide if it is or not?.......


The religious cult I think is really dangerous is SCIENTOLOGY. Tom Cruise is a member of this cult,I don't know much about this religion. But what I have read its not RIGHT some of the things they have to do. For example Katie Holmes was told to go through a "silent labour" without any painkillers because Tom said its healthier for mother & baby and that they had to go through several rituals after the birth he's letting this cult take over and brainwash him into doing STUPID things as well as brainwashing her. Katie has changed her Christian Religion to fit in with Tom's religion. He has even slated Brooke Shields for taken Anti depressants for postnatal depression, that's how strongly he feels about this religion.




It amazes me that people will follow this religion because the celebrities are joining them, even with all the dangers, but you have to remember that these cults are just out for the money.... Now that is BAD, for more information:
http://www.xenu.net/archive/media/time910605.html


I am not that religious but I do believe in GOD. I don't go church every Sunday. But inside I know that I don't have to be in God's home for him to listen to me... and yes I do thank GOD for the GOOD things in my life such as my SON and I do say prayers when thinks go WRONG.... Is that really BAD of me...
I am aware that every religion has members that believe too much and interpret the message of what they hear to do BAD THINGS

But all I ask is don't look down your nose at me because I don't follow the same religion.

No comments: