Thursday 15 March 2007

Infidelity


The week 5 lecture was really interesting and I found out a lot of useful information.
I believe that INFIDELITY/CHEATING is wrong. But if I am being honest only because I have experienced the betrayal first hand. I was cheated on when I was 18-19, by a guy who I had been going out for 2yrs. At the time it was heartbreaking, simply because we was friends and had agreed to be honest no matter what.( guess he broke that rule ha ha)

I agree with the question that Meena asked in lecture:-
What is it about ourselves why we feel broken hearted and why does it damage our self esteem?
When I found out it did knock my confidence and I started to think about why he did it in the first place and that people he knew had known and no one had told me. I believe its heart breaking because of the humilation that you face and how it makes you feel. But after awhile I woke up and thought it was something that was wrong with him and I wasn't to blame, I was the innocent one that put my trust in the wrong guy thats all... It did change how I trusted other guys in the future and it took me along time before I gave my all and let my guard down, because after your trust as been knocked you hold this barrier up that you don't want any man to break, so you won't feel the same pain and hurt again...

There are reasons why people cheat I thought it was just because of the physical contact, but it can be the emotional connection as well some researchers believe it all in your genes. Don't know how true that really is, feel free to read more
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/3783031.stm

I bumped into that guy, he apolognised and mentioned that he was sorry, that he wasn't ready for the seriousness of the relationship bah,bah. We are now good friends that meet now and again. I would never dream of CHEATING so I deserve the same RESPECT back. As that saying goes "Once a CHEAT always a CHEAT" I really hope one day that would change, but I really doubt it.

No comments: